WHO WILL BE THERE
PANEL DISCUSSIONS/WINE SEMINARS*
• 12:45-1:45 p.m. “An Interview with Chef Ludo & Krissy Lefebvre,” led by Los Angeles Times Food Editor Russ Parsons, will feature an in-depth look at the lives of this celebrity culinary couple, including the popular LudoBites pop-up series, the recent debut of “Ludo Bites America” on the Sundance Channel, insider cooking tips, industry commentary and more.
• 11:30-12:45 p.m. “Paso Robles Pioneers” Join LA-based wine educator Ian Blackburn and three pioneers in the burgeoning wine industry in Paso Robles. The panel will feature Justin Baldwin, Founder JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery, Jason Haas, General Manager Tablas Creek Vineyards and Janell Dusi, Owner and Winemaker of J. Dusi Wines. Explore and taste six different wines from the region and learn about the most diverse wine growing region in the world. Presented by: JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery
• 1:45-2:30 p.m. “Tasting & Tweeting: The Use and Abuse of Social Media in Restaurants” Moderated by Kate Krader featuring Michael Voltaggio, Walter Manzke and Craig Thorton.
• Russ Parsons will discuss his farmers’ market navigation tips, seasonal produce at the market that week, recipes for the at-home cook and more (exact times TBD).
• 2:15-3:00 p.m. “How To Taste Like A Master Sommelier” How do those wine experts determine the what, where and when of a wine? Learn how to taste from this panel of Master Sommeliers by using your eyes, nose and palate to determine the varietal, region and age of some sample wines. The blind tasting format will be used as presented by Ira Norof, CWE and the Court of Master Sommeliers. Ira Harmon, MS, Reggie Narito, MS, Serafin Alvarado, MS
• 11:30-12:15 p.m. Celestino Drago
• 12:15-01:00 p.m. Scott Conant
“SIMPLE, SOULFUL ITALIAN COOKING AT HOME”
A fresh, simple pasta duo of spaghetti aglio e olio with breadcrumbs & bottarga and penne tossed with tomatoes, mozzarella and freshly snipped basil that reflects Conant’s signature cooking style.
• 1:00-01:45 p.m. Claire Robinson
Claire Robinson will demo Oatmeal and Date Scones with a Homemade Date Butter and Eggs baked in Prosciutto Cups with a special Brunch Beverage.
• 2:30-03:15 p.m. Aarti Sequeira
“THE BIG CHEESE”
“Making cheese the Indian way takes no more than 2 simple ingredients and about 30 minutes of your time. Really! After making a fresh batch of paneer, transform it into the Indian classic, Saag Paneer.” — Aarti Sequeira